How to switch to Media72
Switching to Media72 Hosting is easy, and we tell you how to do it the right way. Some hosts will tell you to sign up with a new account and then simply switch the DNS, this is not the way to switch a host reliably with no down time. Here's how we do it the Media72 way with no downtime and no database problems. Follow our simple step by step instructions and you will be enjoying the benefits of Media72 in no time.
- Sign up with a Media72 hosting account and setup your domains in your account. (if you don't have any databases skip to step 5)
- Copy your database(s) to your Media72 account if you have any.
- Add % as an access host in the MySQL section of the control panel so that your old server can connect to ours.
- Change your database connection code with your current host to use your IP address on your Media72 account. (this can be found on the right side of the control panel)
- Copy your website files to our servers.
- Change your domain(s) so that they points to our nameservers, ns1.media72.co.uk & ns2.media72.co.uk.
- Wait 48 hours to let the DNS change take effect.
- Make sure to download any email from your old account.
- Thats it! You transferred your site(s) with no downtime and lost no data from your database.
- Cancel your old account that you no longer need.
Was this answer helpful?
We use software on each server to monitor login attempts, many consecutive login failures will...